Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Endeavor

One of the greatest legacies of the United States is the overwhelmingly emotional story of the history of Aerospace. Case in point: Chuck and the X-1, break a few ribs, lie to your superiors and break the sound barrier. In the end the story would break all of the barriers and show mankind what we are capable of. Determination. Drive. Spirit. Strength.

It is not just Chuck though, it is Shepard, Grissom Glen, and Armstrong. Heroes of a generation. Explorers of a new age.

My first Jeep was given to me in Junior year of high-school. At the time I was enamored in the exploration of space. The missions of Mercury, Gemini , Apollo, Voyager, Skylab, the ISS, Hubble, and the Shuttle (STS) all became objects of my imagination. After time I named my little gold Jeep "Eagle", for the Apollo lander. The Eagle brought me to new places and gave me a rejuvenated perspective.

-JS













Now, the Eagle has been replaced with a new "shuttle" for my trips. The Endeavor. What follows is a heritage:

-JS

-JS

-JS

-JS

I am excited to see what missions we go on. Follow me or join a crew.

-MG

* - JS is James Shaw @  http://jamesmshaw.blogspot.com/ and http://www.jamesshawphotography.com/ Thanks again James for being a great photographer and friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment